ICT60615 Advanced Diploma of Telecommunications Network Engineering
CRICOS CODE: 102795M
This course is designed to train students with essential skills and knowledge required for planning, designing and managing Telecommunications and IP networks as specialist or as part of the team. Students should learn how to plan and implement complex IP Networks and technologies in enterprise, service provider, and telecommunications carrier environments. The course is two years program and is offered in face to face and online learning styles.
This qualification reflects the role a technical specialist with high level skills and knowledge in telecommunications and information technology networks using internet protocol (IP) systems who can:
- forecast network growth for enterprise network planning
- design and manage IP based network telecommunications equipment
- implement convergence technologies in enterprise telecommunications networks
- design and manage optical and wireless network telecommunications architectures for high speed broadband capability.
- Year 12 (HSC)
- Academic IELTS 5.5 overall, no less than 5.0 in each band, or upper intermediate, or EAP from approved ELICOS/ESL center or evidence of completing a VET course at Certificate IV or above the level in Australia.
- Students who do not meet the English requirement as above must sit for an LLN Test.
- At least 18 years or above * From May 2019 intake SCCM is not accepting any under 18 application.
- For Packaging courses, the student cannot progress to the higher Qualification unless the student successfully Completed Lower Qualification.
Students who have completed relevant studies or have some of the competencies in the course may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Application for RPL can be made with the initial application or can be made within two weeks of the course commencement using the RPL Application Form and by providing supporting documents. Please note that RPL cannot result in an international student having less than a full-time load of study (20 hours per week) but can reduce the overall duration of the course and fees. See our Student Handbook for more information.
If a Student has an Australian VET qualification and the units match exactly with the units delivered, the Student will be granted a Direct Credit Transfer. Marketing and student services staff will manage this process following Student Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning policy and procedure. This sets out how the process is administered and the adjustment to course duration and course fees.
Targeted student cohort for the ICT60615 Advanced Diploma of Telecommunications Network Engineering are international students who are:
- Seeking to pursue a career in telecommunications and information technology networks roles
- Seeking to pursue a career as a Telecommunications Network Engineer or technologist
- Seeking to fulfill the skill gap from the prior overseas courses in the relevant field such as networking or ICT related programs
- Seeking a pathway to higher level qualifications
|104 weeks (80 Academic weeks + 24Weeks Holidays)|
|14 Hours Face to Face and 6 Hours Online|
A full description of all assessment tasks for the unit of competency
- Assessment instructions for each unit of competency
- Required assessment resources for each unit of competency
- Details about assessment submission
There are a variety of assessment methods used to assess competency in each unit of competency. Assessment methods may include from the following, but are not limited to:
- Written questions
- Projects/Case studies
- Role Plays
All units of competence will be assessed using a selection of tools as mentioned below:
- Written Questions
- Theory assessments Case Study/Project Work
- Practical assessment (Simulated Environment)
Level 2, 17 Macquarie St Parramatta NSW, 2150
Level 1, 303 Pitt St. Sydney NSW, 2000
Darwin City College
Unit 3, 9 Searcy Street, Darwin City, Northern Territory 0800
|Tuition Fees||AUD30000||Enrolment Fee||AUD 250||*Material fee||AUD 750|
- Graduates of the Diploma of Telecommunications Engineering or other equivalent qualification or vocational experience assisting in range of support roles without a formal business qualification.
- Students may also gain entry to a degree course in the same or related field.
- Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into higher education qualifications in telecommunications and information technology networks
Upon completing the course, student may gain employment in following indicative job roles:
- Network engineering technical officer / technologist
- Telecommunications network manager/ planner
- Optical network designer
- IP based convergence integrator
- IP based optical network designer
- Network security manager
Work functions in the occupational areas where this unit may be used are subject to licensing, regulations, and registration requirements. Students should refer to the ICT Implementation Guide Companion Volume or the relevant regulator for details of licensing, legislative or certification requirements. Student may also check with relevant state or Territory Department(s) in relation to registration requirements in the state or Territory that they may wish to work.
During the course duration, students will have opportunity to experience professional engagement beside their actual training. The professional may include but
- Professional expertise sharing session from through industry experts in form of guest speaker sessions and skill enhancing workshop
- Field trip and educational tour to relevant facilities
- Career development and career planning training sessions
|Code||Title||Core or Elective|
|ICTPMG610||Develop a project management plan||Core|
|ICTPMG611||Prepare a detailed design brief||Core|
|ICTSUS601||Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects||Core|
|ICTTEN611||Produce an ICT network architecture design||Core|
|ICTNWK517||Determine best-fit topology for a wide area network||Elective|
|ICTNWK518||Design an enterprise wireless local area network||Elective|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace||Elective|
|ICTOPN601||Manage optical ethernet transmission||Elective|
|ICTTEN602||Undertake system administration||Elective|
|ICTTEN610||Install and configure an IP-MPLS network with virtual private network tunneling||Elective|