ICT60515 Advance Diploma of Computer System Technology *Removed
CRICOS CODE: 096686D
NOTICE – NOT ACCEPTING ENROLMENTS
ICT60115 – Advanced Diploma of Information Technology has been superseded by
ICT60120 – Advanced Diploma of Information Technology on 20th July 2020.
ICT60115 – Advanced Diploma of Information Technology can be delivered and assessed until 19th July 2021
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge required to coordinate and administer the installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance of a range of networks, enterprise servers, and systems, including inter-networking, security and e-business solutions.
An individual with these skills may be part of a team or provide services as an independent information and communications technology (ICT) specialist.
- Year 12 (HSC)
- Academic IELTS 5.5 overall, no less than 5.0 in each band, or upper intermediate, or EAP from approved ELICOS/ESL center or evidence of completing a VET course at Certificate IV or above the level in Australia.
- Students who do not meet the English requirement as above must sit for an LLN Test.
- At least 18 years or above * From May 2019 intake SCCM is not accepting any under 18 application.
- For Packaging courses, the student cannot progress to the higher Qualification unless the student successfully Completed Lower Qualification.
Students who have completed relevant studies or have some of the competencies in the course may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Application for RPL can be made with the initial application or can be made within two weeks of the course commencement using the RPL Application Form and by providing supporting documents. Please note that RPL cannot result in an international student having less than a full-time load of study (20 hours per week) but can reduce the overall duration of the course and fees. See our Student Handbook for more information.
If a Student has an Australian VET qualification and the units match exactly with the units delivered, the Student will be granted a Direct Credit Transfer. Marketing and student services staff will manage this process following Student Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning policy and procedure. This sets out how the process is administered and the adjustment to course duration and course fees.
|78 weeks (60 Academic weeks + 18Weeks Holidays)|
|14 Hours Face to Face and 6 Hours Online|
Assessments may include short written knowledge tests, discussions and oral communication demonstrations, case study exercises, written reports, web-based research and reports, final projects and final written exams. To perform at your best, you will probably need to work on the assessments outside of class time.
Level 2, 17 Macquarie St Parramatta NSW, 2150
Level 1, 303 Pitt St. Sydney NSW, 2000
Darwin City College
Unit 3, 9 Searcy Street, Darwin City, Northern Territory 0800
|Tuition Fees||AUD 18000||Enrolment Fee||AUD 250||*Material fee||AUD 500|
On completion of this qualification student may undertake:
- Any Bachelors course related to Information System.
- Seek employment in the IT support functions of a small medium or large enterprise, in a variety of industries, in both the public and private sector.
- Graduates with no employment experience should expect to enter the industry in positions such as an IT support assistant or other related support positions.
- Graduates with relevant experience in the industry could obtain positions such as an IT administrator, Networking Manager System and Business Analyst
|ICTNWK506||Configure, verify and troubleshoot WAN links and IP services in a medium enterprise network||Core|
|ICTNWK507||Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers||Core|
|ICTNWK508||Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches||Core|
|ICTNWK509||Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks||Core|
|ICTNWK529||Install and manage complex ICT networks||Core|
|ICTNWK602||Plan, configure and test advanced server-based security||Core|
|ICTNWK607||Design and implement wireless network security||Core|
|ICTPMG608||Manage ICT project systems implementation||Core|
|ICTPMG609||Plan and direct complex ICT projects||Core|
|ICTPRG527||Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills||Core|
|ICTWEB501||Build a dynamic website||Core|
|ICTWEB502||Create dynamic web pages||Core|
|ICTNWK525||Configure an enterprise virtual computing environment||Elective|
|ICTNWK505||Design, build and test a network server||Elective|
|ICTNWK502||Implement secure encryption technologies||Elective|
|ICTNWK503||Install and maintain valid authentication processes||Elective|
|ICTSAS517||Use network tools||Elective|
|ICTNWK516||Determine best-fit topology for a local network||Elective|